Posted by Cherokee St. News on May 10, 2012 | Leave a Comment
The Cherokee Station Business Association (CSBA) is seeking a part-time representative to act as a face and voice for the neighborhood. The position will provide general assistance to the CSBA — helping to develop an exciting, up-and-coming neighborhood that is rich in heritage, culture, and vitality. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, positive self-starter who is eager to learn about community development and improve the City of St. Louis as a whole.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Attend monthly CSBA meetings and report updates back to the association
– Attend events, meetings, and legislative sessions on behalf of the CSBA
– Act as a liaison to the Benton Park West, Benton Park, Marine Villa, and Gravois Park Neighborhood Associations
– Cultivate and maintain relationships with other St. Louis organizations and business districts
– Generate press releases for Cherokee-related news and events
– Manage social media and overall public relations for the street
– Act as a liaison to the Collector of Revenue’s Office and regularly audit business licenses for the district
– Answer, screen, and direct incoming calls and correspondence on behalf of the CSBA
– Maintain an up-to-date events calendar and directory of all businesses on Cherokee
– Work with City Officials such as the Mayor’s office, Events Coordinator, 3rd District Police
– Welcome and assist new businesses
– Write grant applications to support the financial viability of the street
– Research and work towards establishing a Community Improvement District on Cherokee
– A strong desire to improve the City of St. Louis
– Highly self-motivated, persistent, dependable, and creative problem solver
– A natural networker
– Ability to set priorities while multitasking
– Have your own laptop and transportation
– Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel
– Ability to work independently and cooperatively
– Outstanding organizational and time management skills
– Available to assist with requests outside normal hours
– Ability to think creatively
– Clear criminal background check
Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Urban Planning, Business Development, Public Policy, Project Management
It is anticipated that the candidate will work about 20 hours per week. Flexible schedule is required, as attendance at off-hours events and meetings will be expected. Minimum one-year commitment, for monthly stipend of $1,250 as an independent contractor.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job title “Cherokee Street Liaison” in the subject line of your email.
The Cherokee Station Business Association hires without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sex, national origin or ancestry, medical conditions including genetic characteristics, marital status, registered domestic partner status, or sexual orientation.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR CONTACT MEMBERS OF THE CSBA BOARD OR SELECTION COMMITTEE REGARDING THIS POSITION.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5pm on Thursday, May 17, 2012